Thursday, June 26, 2008

We had the talk again

So my hubby & I had the job talk again. I know I need/want to find something it's been about 5months since I've worked. The money I made however so measly still helped. Now what do I do and where do I do it. Back to the limbo thing, but I don't to get some easy job at the local grocery store to make some money and then have to quit if we move. Emily's school has a teacher's aide position open and it would be prefect for me-but she is still in that school and should I be her teacher?? and I am one of the Co-directors of her school this year so I can't exactly hire myself. Oh but if that job came up again down the road I would sooooo jump on it!!! M,W,F 8:45-1:15ish & T,TH 8:45-12:15ish and NO SUMMERS!!!!! I will soooo make sure the teachers know I am interested in something like that going forward. But I can't find that perfect job. It makes me sad. Anyone ever try anything like Pampered Chef or Lia Sophia or Avon. Somehow these avenues seem an easy fix, I can make my own schedule and make some money. I know that the money can be great at sometimes and sometimes its so slow the money isn't reliable. I know a few people who sold via these types of companies and did ok, I've picked their brains already. I know I would do fine after awhile, but the first few shows I would be so nervous.

UGH, why is being a Mommy so hard?? and then there is taking care of the kids.

Anyone have a job for me??

7 comments:

A Day in My Life said...

Even though you are co-director, find out if it would be a conflict of interest, or resign your position as co-director to get the position you want.

Julie said...

The Co-director position offers a HUGE discount off tuition. Plus the Co-director runs the school and supervises the teachers- so no luck. I think it's something to look into going fwd.

Tabitha said...

Oh Jules, it can be so hard juggling work and children and finding that happy medium!!
I wish I had the answers!!
love and hugs ~ Tabitha XXX

Heather said...

have you ever considered a 3rd shift? i know the sleep can be tricky however you are bringing home money and have the time being a "SAHM". it works for me.

Julie said...

Heather- thanks, I have considered, but not sure where to find something like that. I am a night person so if I were to find a 3rd shift job it may just do :)

Flea said...

Lemme tell ya - I'm really liking my new job. It had never occurred to me to work in a mental hospital. It's only Saturday and Sunday nights from 7-7. The pay is decent, but the extra for nights and weekends brings it up. And it's quiet. I'm home all week for the kids and my hunny. I didn't think I had the experience, but I guess being a mom and in education were enough.

Robyn said...

I wouldn't worry too much about taking an easy job and quit when you move. Things happen, and in those types of jobs it is somewhat expected, it's not like you would have to list it on a resume. I know a few people who have done fairly well for themselves doing the selling stuff, just make sure it is something that you like /like to do before you jump in, nothing worse than learning you hate some of the product and have to sell it.
The only thing I like about my job is pretyymuch the hours 6am-2pm. I have most of the day at home.