Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Banks Suck & Target is stupid

I hate banks! Since I am a SAHM we have little funds to work with to get our bills paid etc. That is a sacrifice we chose to make. Scrimping and saving and looking for bargains. My poor dear hubby works 7days a week ,we only see him M,T,W nights and Sat mornings. he cooks at 2 friends restaurants on the weekends to try and make ends meet, thank god for them. He is tired, I miss him and now Emily is old enough to realize he isn't around and misses him dearly. We try so hard to work with what little funds we have. He just started his summer cooking job and we felt a little relief with our funds....extra money it felt good. Then today I went to check our account, balance everything and we were in the red-UGH. My hubby made 2 separate CASH deposits over the weekend and they held them as one and charged us over fees for some purchases. I called them and was like what the heck, how can you hold cash. It irritates me so!! Banks and their overdraft fees, did you know that is how they make most of their money. Then feeling so bad for my husband, I decided to apply to Target for some extra cash- I have much retail experience- I applied last Monday and spoke to someone and they said they will call me for an interview. Well 9days later and after the bank fiasco I called to check on the status. First I called and was on hold for 10+mins and decided to hang up and call back. Finally I get someone and she put the phone down and checked with someone and came back to the phone and said "we'll keep your app on file and call you if we need you", I was silent and then said "thank you". I was furious, I have many yrs experience in retail, among other talents. After all that happened this morning I lost it. Target is blowing me off. I am so angry, it was so hard for me to go there and apply for a job in the first place. To be away from my Em, to not start a new job that will last .... a sacrifice I had to make and they say they'll call me. Whatever Target, Whatever Webster- you both suck!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the HELL can a bank hold CASH? AND then bounce stuff? They freakin' HAD YOUR MONEY in hand! That is insane! Go to TD Banknorth. Love my bank. :-)

And screw Target! They don't deserve you!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

Nothing infruriates me more than banks that hold cash deposits. There is *no* reason for that. Cash deposited should be available immediately. What, are they afraid the cash is no good or something?? ::eye roll:: I find it happens more with the big banks. For that very reason, I still do most of my banking primarily with a smaller bank. One that is still in CT (Valley Bank in Bristol) even though I live in FL, believe it or not. I kept it open at first because they have totally free checking -- no minimums or anything like that -- and I have my paycheck direct deposited so that's no big deal. I have a bank here in FL too, but I barely use it. I get much better service from that little bank 1200 miles away! I'm sorry they did that to you. =/

Chele76 said...

I wonder if you have too much expereince for target... sounds silly, but sometimes companies look at that... like they would only look at you for a managerial role. interesting.

...yeah, I don't like webster eaither. I hope they waived those fees for you....

Julie said...

You guys are the best!! Thanks!!
I've just had enough, we are good people (I think) and we try so hard. We don't spend money on silly things....UGH

Thanks again!!!!!! for being my friends!! :) I needed that :)

We need to sell this condo!!!!!!!

Heather said...

yes webster and target both SUCK. my husband's friend (who had hundreds of thousands of dollars) in webster pulled his accounts after they told my husband he could not cash this particular friend's check there b/c jason was not a member. it was a freaking webster bank check...they are just DUMB. and well target... you are way too talented to work there. the requirement has to be lazy and stupid!

Anonymous said...

It's a sign... There has to be something else to help ends meet... that keeps u more with EM.

Robyn said...

How in the world do they justify holding cash. it's not like it's going to bounce. I would hope they took back the fees. Target Shmarget, I know you put yourself out there and it sucks to get their answer, but as someone said you might be too experienced.