Friday, August 8, 2008

Positive thinking......

I am being positive and packing up. My cabinets are becoming bare and the boxes are piling up. We heard that the mortgage process is going better now that the Dad has been added. So maybe it was just a small wrinkle. Packing isn't so bad, unpacking might be fun. Making the house our home. But moving, I don't look forward to moving. Jim and I are doing it ourselves, crazy I know. A lot of boxes are already there and we're planning on placing the big items in our garage as we empty them so we can just load the truck when the day comes. I think he is making another trip with his friend Jay, he has a pick up. I think we will be ok, but the thought makes me tired. Packing clothes...not fun, any suggestions. I bought those HUGE ziploc/hefty bags and some space bags....there has to be an easier way.

As you can see Willow is ready to move!










6 comments:

Lynn said...

I remember the first time my husband and I moved we packed everything we owned in the back of our pick up and in a little Uhaul trailer, the next time we moved it took one of the huge Uhaul trailers. It's crazy how much stuff we all gather when we have a bigger space. I so don't envy you! When I moved I left all my clothes on the hangers and just put them in boxes or laundry baskets so that when I got the the new house I could just put them in the closet. Good luck with the rest of your packing!

Amanda said...

It looks like your packing is going well. It's amazing all the stuff that we gather in our homes and not even realise it till it's time to pack. You cat looks just like ours , but ours doesn't have the white chest.
Good Luck!
Amanda x

Robyn said...

I hate packing. I love getting a new place though.

Heather said...

we did it ourself too and it was not so bad at all!

Flea said...

It's been less than two years since our last move, and that halfway across the country to freedom. I don't envy you. But I always enjoy a move - cleaning out and throwing away, which I don't do naturally.

Jess & John said...

Good Luck! I too hate packing and when my husband and I first moved I made him do everything. He got it done quicker. I sit there and go through everything and am just so slow!