Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why is it....

that buying and selling your home is the most stressful things ever. I remember 9yrs ago when we bought this condo how stressful it was. One thing after another, running around getting things done. Well selling is just as stressful. For me I think it is losing control. We are under contract, but is it set in stone? No! The buyers need to set up a home inspection w/in 10 days. Once that is done, check, closer to moving. Their financing, we were told they were pre-approved and pre-qualified and for a great rate-so hopefully no glitches. Then yesterday, July 2nd, we recieved out taxes that were due on July 1st. The 'city' I live in has had tax issues for yrs, I believe we have the highest or one of the highest mill rates in the state. Well our mill rate went up again-nice-hopefully not causing a glitch. The taxes will be $800 higher than buyers were told-but we just found out too. Besides this is city wide, so I guess any condo would have changed. Because we have less than 30days to move, I wanna start moving stuff pronto, I think we will make the big move (furniture) on Monday 7/28th. I hate the be moving stuff up there and have something happen.


'Country' here we come!!


I can't wait to have you local bloggers over for some refreshments- I haven't entertained since Emily was born!!!


Pictures to come of my circa 1975 kitchen, my in-laws built this house we are moving to, according to my mil the kitchen was fabulous when brand new-not so much now. We can't afford to renovate just yet. So I will have to paint or something....I'll need all your advice and expertise. The toughest part is the cabinets are 'barn wood', I know barn wood-nice. Not this barn wood. A friend of mine just bought a barn wood dining room table-BEAUTIFUL!! My cabinets are like a grey-ish brown and a rough texture. Like if you ripped down and old barn and made your own cabinets. UGH-this is going to be a busy, crazy few months!!


Thank goodness I can blog(vent) away to you ladies!!! Thanks in advance :) Here is a pic of my soon to be house (minus garage/in-law addition) and my front yard. (and that's my sis-in-law with Em 2yrs ago-she was so little)

7 comments:

TL said...

Wow, I love the yard. I grew up in a small town where we had tons of room to run and play and it was so nice. How fun for your daughter.

Bluevelvet24 said...

Your backyard is beautiful. It would make a nice spot for an outdoor wedding.

Tabitha said...

Your new place looks lovely ~ bet you can't wait to just get moved in!!
love and hugs Tabitha XXX

April said...

AWESOME! I love the yard!!

Flea said...

Looks like the house needs paint. I have a lovely shade of green, if you're interested. :)

jules said...

LOL Flea!! This pic is about 2yrs old, it has been re-painted. Thank God-it's original grey ended up a sad color of light blue. OH and I am SO getting rid of those black shutters. Black & Grey such an obvious combo.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Even if it takes a while, just imagine how much pride you will have in making that house your *home*. Every little project will make it even more yours. And that yard? To die for!