Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I was sitting on the couch deciding whether or not to go to bed. I am just mad. You all remember me talking about my 'partner' for Em's school. She has decided to stick it out and see how it goes, but I am not so sure. She irritates me. I am one of those people, I feel like I can get along with anyone. She is so, I can't quite put it into words. I am angry because, one of the other members of the board asked to meet up with us. I said I was going to be at the school tomorrow (25mins away). I emailed her to see if she was available. I get home and there is an email saying she is available Monday morning. I guess they ran into each other in town. They all live in the area, I do not. She has 4 children and it seems Mondays are her only day to get things done. With all the stuff for the school, and running to the house to bring boxes, I don't want to drive up there 50 times in a week. I am just angry because when the old directors tried to meet up with us, we had many issues finding day/time because of her. I hate being the flexible one. Part of me wants to be like no I am not available Monday morning. UGH. I am meeting up with one of the other Mom's on the board tomorrow, her daughter is starting in Em's class next yr and she wants them to meet. She emailed me and kinda brought up some issues re; my 'partner' she wasn't mean or anything. I could have been reading into things. We'll see. Part of me wishes she will change her mind. Her twins aren't potty trained and they have to be. Maybe. I am just mad, I hate people who think the world revolves around them. We all have lives. Just because you have four kids and I have one doesn't mean your time is more important than mine.

It's funny how a first impression is usually right. When I first met her, I found out she grew up in the same town as me. When we discussed which high school we went to she asked me when I graduated. When I told her she made this noise. She is older (I found out later) but why a noise, it's not like I am ten.

I better get to bed before I am all fired up and can't sleep. Thanks for listening!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you were able to sleep, missy! Deep breaths!!

And WINE tomorrow! LOL

Anonymous said...

Sometimes first impressions , esp. bad vibe ones, are right on the money!

good luck honey!

Julie said...

No one is saying anything bad about her, but I am getting the impression that I am not the only one who feels this way......OH BROTHER!

Lynn said...

Good luck with your meeting, I hope it all works out and some of the stress can be taken away. I swear when you are trying to sell a house, move, etc. you really don't need anything else!
Thanks for your comment, hope my post made you feel better. It's always nice to get a fresh perspective!

Amanda said...

I feel like that too sometimes. That i have to do everything, and it's never just good enough.
Hope you slept well.
L,
Amanda x

Robyn said...

I hate being the flexible one too. J just doesn't get it.
I hope it all works out.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I have no idea why people have to be like that. That is one of my biggest turn-offs: someone who is completely self-centered to the point of being inconsiderate or holier-than-thou -- or worse, *both*.

I am always the flexible one too because I hate to make waves but sometimes even I reach a breaking point.