Sunday, January 11, 2009

Time for change

I have been in a funk. I don't know whether it is the new year or the ever-ending snow that seems to fall in my new town. Maybe it's cabin fever or maybe I need to make big changes. I have been struggling with losing weight since the birth of my daughter. Since I have pcos ,this struggle is even more difficult.

My husband and I have made the decision to start trying for another baby after I lose another 20lbs or so. We both believe that if we don't at least try we will regret it. I have made some strides with my pcos symptoms so I am hoping that this journey of trying to conceive will not be as difficult as it was with my daughter.

But first things first. I am making big changes. Getting older stinks. I need to make some changes in our diets. More fresh veggies, fruits and more fish. I love fish. Jim has it in his genes, his 86yr old Grandmother is amazing and the longevity that runs in her family-thank god has some of these genes. My family, however, not so good. We have a friend who has been heavy most of his adult life and his family is all on the larger size, well he made some changes and he lost 82lbs last yr. If he can do it-so can we!!!

We did some major organizing yesterday in our basement. I only have one box left to unpack and that is my scrapbooking stuff!! We cleared and cleaned a nice spot for our universal gym and our treadmill. I plan to use these OFTEN!! I am also going to start counting my pts again and drink more water (I am not a big drinker-unless it is in a glass with salt around the rim).

I want another baby. As much as I would love to turn our third bedroom into my "craft room" I choose to make it a nursery. So people get ready for much whining... I am going to be cranky!!

Anyone know any good obgyn's-that have a clue what pcos is-in the Litchfield, New Haven or Hartford counties???

9 comments:

Tabitha said...

Julie ~ it is great that you are going to try for another baby ~ that is wonderful news!
Good luck with the weight loss aswell, I have lost 72 pounds since last May ~ so I know that it is hard ~ but you can do it!
Take care ~ love and hugs Tabitha XX

Anonymous said...

I know some great walking trails up near my 'new' neighborhood... this spring let's dust off our sneaks together...

Flea said...

Here's hoping things go really well for y'all. Cleaning and organizing does a lot for the doldrums too. :) Keep on keepin' on!

Amanda said...

I'm so happy that you are both trying for another baby ~ good luck with that!
Weight Loss isn't easy ~ i know!
But you will do it.
I wouldn't mind just a little of your snow..!
love,
Amanda x

Chele76 said...

maybe we can find a way to motivate eachother? Like try to work out the same days or something? Some way to help motivate eachother... hmmm....

Anonymous said...

Yay, Julie! ;-) Just email me and I will help keep you motivated. I know how hard it is to stick with the exercise and healthy eating (until it becomes habit) so if you need a cheerleader, I will help!!

Mrs. Pink Pearls said...

I wish you the best of luck! I am kinda working towards the same goals too. Its going to be tough but anything is possible!!

Robyn said...

You can do it girl. 20 pounds is very doable.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Getting older sure does come with a lot of work & effort doesn't it? =P Too bad the energy of our youth starts to decrease around the same time. I don't have space for a treadmill & I don't care to exercise at a gym, but I do try to regularly do crunches, push-ups, jummping jacks etc while I watch tv. The tv keeps me distracted enough from the task at hand instead of grumbling to myself the whole time. LOL